Monday, September 21, 2009

FLAWED

Have you ever known someone is just PERFECT? One of those do no, say no, think no wrong type people? Then there are those witty people, I just love those witty people but really secretly I hate them because I want to be one of them. No worries, one glorious day I will be one of them. But until that day I am just me, wonderfully, gloriously, unbelievably FLAWED. Here I go……..

You see most women I know are HARD on themselves. They PICK at themselves all the time, always working to become something more (there is much sarcasm in that sentence.) They feel bad for saying, thinking, doing, or about to do wrong. Here is the FLAW, I DON’T, I just don’t care that much!!! Can you see the problem???? IF I do something wrong I simply say, “Better luck next time Linds” and yes I actually do say this out loud. In fact I think this BIG flaw of mine is kinda cute, and FUNNY as **** (oh boy there is another flaw that I just don’t care that much about); do you see how deluded I am? IF I hurt someone’s feeling I usually don’t even know it, if I think something wrong I feel guilt only about……. 25% of the time. I’m comfortable with who I am, where I’m going and what my life is all about. I’m comfortable; like sitting at the beach with a Diet Coke in hand that has one of the umbrellas TOO comfortable. I have lots of FLAWS but this one is my biggy because if I don’t fix this little bugger then this vicious cycle will never end and I SHOULD be getting dizzy. Yes I know I’m seriously screwy.

So here is my PLAN OF ACCTION. Once a month I will divulge one of my flaws, I obviously have no problem with this because as you can see I really don’t care: ) I just laughed at that last sentence…..so sad. I am hoping that by doing this I will see, FEEL and maybe repair my brain. So this is FLAW #1, the “I don’t give a wild hoot” flaw. I’m sure that I have enough to last the next few years. My friends……..wish me luck (add much seriousness to that last sentence.)

9 comments:

Amy said...

Lids that is EXACTLY why you are such a comfortable person to be around. I dont think its a flaw, I find it very flawtastic! Or maybe I am just trying to justify it because I may have a little of that in me too ;)...on second thought...nope no flaw.

Suzy Tranter said...

That is one flaw I would LOVE to have! I think it's fabulous....don't change a thing about it!

TnD said...

There are two kinds of women in this world those that don't forgive themselves enough and those that forgive themselves too much. I think I am definitely and unapologetically in the latter group. At the end of the day, I am happy that you love yourself, warts and all.

JaCee said...

So did we decide which kind I am? Your flaws are why I love you and why i've felt so comfortable around you from the get go...as for you not caring, well the good I see in that is that you hopefully won't CARE when I do or say something stupid or offensive ;)

Katie said...

Not caring is not all bad. Somedays I care and wonder what people think about me a little too much asnd those aren't the fun days. The fun days are when you don't care and just have fun!

Connor and Jana said...

You make me laugh. You think you have flaws, but so many people around you don't even see your flaws. You are great! I wish I was more like you and didn't care as much.

Connor and Jana said...

P.S. I love your Teensy Tents, I will be ordering one when our next kid comes. (that won't be for a while though) But I really will be ordering one.

Karen said...

Lindsey,

Oh you make me laugh! You're not flawed, you're real and it's so refreshing. I heart your guts.

Tashina said...

I love you just the way you are! In fact, I think I like you so much because of your flaws- I wish I had some of them! :)