Thursday, December 3, 2009

Flawed #2

We are driving in the car and a women pulls out in front of me and I say, “S***.” I think nothing of it and go along driving and it happens again, I slam on my breaks,(probably putting a binky back in a crying mouth) this time I say nothing so Jack picks up my slack. “Oh Ship mommy,” that’s right folks he said my word of shame that I love so much. I of course turn this around and say, “Yep a big old boat, do you see a big boat Jack?” Needless to say this has happened a few times since.

Jack was hammering with his little boy hammer and all the sudden threw his hammer and said, “D W/an it.” Riley and I looked at each other and had to look away because we were laughing our heads off, he said it so cute and with such gust. After I regained mt composure I then said to Jack, “ Yep, a big wall that holds a lot of water. Do you want to draw a picture of a damn?” Well he still says it all the time.


Flaw #2, I truly do love a few swearwords here and there. I think it’s nasty if they are always being said but a few once and a while is so funny. I know it’s so sad but it’s my one sin that I think is so hilarious. A perfectly positioned swearword can be difference between boring and flat to ridiculously funny. I have watched a cute little mom walking with her 4 kids as they were crying and yelling and being naughty and I thought, “All she needs is a good swearword, I think she may feel better.”

So there you have it, I really enjoy swearing once and a while. But now that I have little people who somehow hear EVERYTHING I now know I must do better. I am being forced into caring. I really don’t want Jack to go to Primary teaching all the other kids his special word.

9 comments:

Hess said...

Very funny, I too love a good special word thrown in at times. Especially when those you know are judging you with their evil eye, MMMM how I love to throw in a word just for them. So I guess mine is pride and some choice words:).

We are so excited for the Christmas party. Kade keeps telling me how much Jack loved his card, and how he is so excited to come! They are so darn cute.

Suzy Tranter said...

Oh man, I share your sentiments. A good swear word in the right context every now and again sure feels good!

TnD said...

You are too funny Linds. Claire has learned "shut up" and knows she is not allowed to say it so when she is playing with her dolls she has one say it to the other doll and she thinks that is okay because she didn't say it the doll did.

Katy said...

I agree that a swearword every now and then is funny. Especially from you;) Love ya!!

Heather said...

you are funny!!! I agree to sometimes there is just nothing else to say...I try not to but some times it slips but then I feel better :)

Chelsea said...

haha. i've taught my kids choice words, too.

Tashina said...

You know me, I love me some good swear words... Probably a little too much!

Karen said...

What would the world be like without Linds and her swears?! Not as funny, that's for sure.

Lindy Phippen Smith said...

Um.... I don't think I have to tell you, but this will be a huge challenge for me! It's just really hard for me to picture myself saying dangit or shoot. Gross!