Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Split

My 1st year of college I gained a "bit" of weight. MaRea will tell you that when she was sent pics of me on her mission she said allowed, "What the heck happened to her, wow she's FAT." It's ok you can laugh;) I'm ok with that because it was true. I gained more than the freshman 15, it was more like the freshman 20:) Well Because I became a fat little piggy I had a few pair of pants that didn't quite agree with the drastic changes. I split one pair when I was playing volleyball with a BIG group of friends, another pair when I fell down a flight of stairs, and one more pair.......well we won't really need to talk about that one, a bit too embarrassing:) Let's just say I know all about splitting a pair of pants, I'm almost comfortable with it...........but not quite.

Remember when I peed my pants when we were at Riley's families house (go read, "Did I Just Pee My Pant's" post), well this was almost as good as that.

The 1st mistake I made that day was choosing to wear a pair of shorts that I OBVIOUSLY couldn't quite fit into yet. Then came the second mistake. We were all in the kitchen when I started to get the twins ready for a nap. I went over to pick Dane up and that's when "The Split" happened. I stood up and turned around and announced my tragedy, "I think I just split my pants (just to be clear, I didn't think I KNEW)..............I just split my pants." Riley's dad quickly turned his head in embarrassment, Klair and Karlie started laughing their heads off, and Dane was totally oblivious to what had just happened. Klair made her way over to asses the damage, this only induced more laughter. I guess that I should just count myself lucky that I wasn't wearing my regular Saturday Thong, thank heavens:)

Sweet Terri led me upstair to loan me a pair of her britches. I must say I was HOTTTT in those britches, everyone was so jealous of me. Let's just say I looked a little like MC HAMMER. I would have worn those britches all night (so comfy) but it was a good excuse to get out of the house and go shopping, and YES I wore my MC Hammer pants, Terri insisted. At Target I got a few stares but it just added to the fabulousness of the experience:)

So if you ever split your britches because you've gotten fat or because you haven't gotten skinny enough just remember that it could be worse, you could look like that guy:)

6 comments:

TnD said...

Linds, I love getting to know you even better though your blog. You really are adorable in so many ways.

Quast Family said...

seriously you crack me up everytime you post....well almost every time!! its so fun seeing what you and ur cute family are up to!!

KarKar said...

Hehe! Good times! Good times!

Kar

Klair said...

Thanks for letting me relive the moment. I won't say it was as good as the pee your pants time, but still a great laugh. You were a good sport about it too!

You know we could have bought you a Saturday thong while up at Target....

Lindsey Smith said...

Clair I would have gotten the leopard print one for sure, spicy!!!

JaCee said...

that has lindsey kay written all over it! wish i could've been there...