Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scripture Totes!!!

The pics aren't very good but I had to share. I am in the Beehives now and I wanted to do something special for them. So I am making all of them these Scripture totes. I had them fill out a "getting to know you" paper and had them tell me their favorite colors and and favorite patterns. These are two if the results. I have 13 girls so it was too much work to make them all at once so I am only making a few a t a time. The girls team teach once a month so I decided that every time a girl teaches their reward it a Scripture Tote. This way they will be excited for when it's their turn, well at least I hope so. Also these are so EASY!!!!! I'll give you the steps really quick

1: Pick out two diff fabrics and get 1/2 a yard
2: Buy a place matt from the dollar store, try to find the thinest one you ca
3: Cover the Place Matt with your fabric but sewing the the two fabrics together, wrong sides facing each other.
4: Only sew 3 sides together so you can slip the place matt inside, just like a pillow case.
5: Once inside turn the raw ends in on the remaining side and sew.
6:Fold the cover Place Matt so the wrongs side it out, sew just the two sides together, left and right.
7:Then turn it out so the right side is facing out.
8:Get your ribbon and cut two pieces that are about 12 inches each, or as long as you want the handles.
9:Get your seam ripper and measure where you would like the handle to go then cut a small hole there, on both the right and left side.
10:take safety pin and attach it to your ribbon and thread ribbon through the hole and tie a knot. Do that on both sides then do that to the other side of the bad.
11: If you like the flowers on the bad then you cane make some however you like.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but it was really easy. Next time I'll take pics as I make it so it's easier to follow.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll help as best I can:)

4 comments:

Kyle Hess said...

These are so cute!! How could they not love you to pieces:)! I'm so excited for your new calling.

MaRea

Mandy said...

You are so TALENTED!!

Coretta from Confetti said...

I saw you out taking pics of them. I am sure the girls will love them.

Emily and Ryan said...

I love these! I just got put into the YW, specifically with the Beehives too! I think you are much too ambitious or just simply too talented for me:) Perhaps one day... I can be like Miss Lindsey K. Thatcher Smith. :) Love ya.